What makes a good craft beer?
With the cold weather months being a popular time for unique and seasonal craft brews, we thought we’d share some opinions on what makes a good craft beer. From Oktoberfest brews to Pumpkin brews to beer brewed just for the Holiday season, there are many great brands and styles to enjoy this time of year. So let’s start with the question “What makes a good craft beer” and see what we find.
~From Dead Presidents Restaurant website
The difference between a craft beer and a traditional beer that you can find on your local shelves is this: a craft beer is designed often by a single small company and is often hand-made instead of being produced by the masses. This makes the beer more of an artisan craft and allows the maker to give their brews a unique flavor and charming appeal.
You know there are many styles, from a light beer to a rich amber or another type of beer, as well as beers that are citrus-infused and even have honey in them/ In the end, what makes good craft beers is up to you, but when you eat out and want a popular craft beer to try, it helps to know what you’re looking at on the beer list. Here are some things you should expect from a craft beer when you’re looking at new places for dinner and spirits to try.
WHAT’S A GOOD SELLER
A popular craft beer is often a wise choice when it comes to selecting one that you know you’ll like. Since the craft beer market rakes in nearly $XX billion so it’s worth a lot and has a lot of different artisan crafting individuals staking their claim. Ask your server what the more popular craft beer selections are to help you narrow down your choices if you are new to this type of beer.
WHAT’S GOT A UNIQUE STORY
A craft brewery sometimes comes with a great story. Some beer crafting companies have a small story that makes their modest beer crafting experience more fun and engaging, while others are just a branch off of a more serious brewery and may have little to do with the artisan end of things. Often, a popular craft beer has its popularity in the first place because of its unique story. So, as you look for popular craft beers to try, think about the background of any beer as you give it a sip. A unique story can often mean a unique and special brew.
FLAVOR AND CRAFTSMANSHIP
It takes more than just a unique tale and a pretty label to make a craft beer what it is. A popular craft beer and other type of unique and artisan beer should also be equipped with special flavors and delicious additives to make the beer taste well from the onset to the aftertaste. When you have a great beer, you know it by the first sip, and many craft beers carry a fruity or nutty undertone to make them extra special.
Now that’s just one opionion, but like the article says, in the end, what makes a good craft beer is up to you.
The following are some concepts from the Craft Brewers Association website, related to craft beer and craft brewers:
- Craft brewers are small brewers
- The hallmark of craft beer and craft brewers is innovation. Craft brewers interpret historic styles with unique twists and develop new styles that have no precedent
- Craft beer is generally made with traditional ingredients like malted barley; interesting and sometimes non-traditional ingredients are often added for distinctiveness
- Craft brewers tend to be very involved in their communities through philanthropy, product donations, volunteerism and sponsorship of events
- Craft brewers have distinctive, individualistic approaches to connecting with their customers
- Craft brewers maintain integrity by what they brew and their general independence, free from a substantial interest by a non-craft brewer
- The majority of Americans live within 10 miles of a craft brewer
Please Enjoy Respnsibly